Saturday, October 27, 2007

on being used by jesus.

tool (n): anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose

i want my life to be a tool that points people to god's goodness, something that causes people to be stoked on jesus. paul's life was like this. after paul explains his earlier life, his salvation, and his later life in christ, he says this: galatians 1:24 "and they praised god because of me." how rad is that?! lord, more of you and less of me. empty me.

so glad god's criteria is not the same as man's. check it out:
1 corinthians 1:27-31 "but god chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; god chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. he chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. it is because of him that you are in christ jesus, who has become for us wisdom from god--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. therefore, as it is written: 'let him who boasts boast in the lord.'"

so stoked it's not about me and what i can do. it's all about the lord, who he is, and what he is capable of. i love my jesus!

1 comment:

bala7 said...

i love that verse in 1 cor. it reminds me that I'm usable by the Lord...considering he uses the foolish things.