Tuesday, September 25, 2007

my god is the greatest!

so here is "exhibit a" for why my god is the greatest. those of you who have read my blog over the past several weeks may have picked up on a slight discouragement or uncertainty about my purpose in life, a sentiment that i was somehow missing out on doing things that made an eternal difference--the whole temporal vs. eternal thing. anyway, god addressed this with me this past sunday. here is what he said:

it's all about having an intimate, love relationship with the lord not about following practices or principles. it's not about creating opportunities to share the lord with someone. it's about being led by him in doing that. as long as i am sensitive to his leading and actively seeking him and allowing him to speak, i'll be right where i'm supposed to me. i serve a faithful god, and he will be faithful to lead and guide me when he has something for me to do or say.

i was reminded also of how jesus spent 30 of his 33 years on earth doing normal life, being a carpenter, and just living in his community. were those 30 years a waste or time? obviously not. god did not come to earth to waste time. those 30 years were purposeful. that reminder from the lord was so encouraging to me. serving the lord and being used by him does not always mean public ministry in the sense that jesus lived the last 3 years of his life.

it's all about loving god and loving others. i am just a vessel. god is the one who does the work. i just need to be ready and willing. my god will take care of the rest.

my exhortation to you: don't give up. be faithful where god has you. he has placed you there for a reason, whether you see and know that reason or not. god doesn't waste time, and he doesn't make mistakes. continue to follow hard after him for he is the rewarder of those who seek him.

grace and peace be with you today. blessings!

1 comment:

chris lazo said...

Jesus probably memorized the Torah by the time He was 13 ;-)