Tuesday, September 4, 2007

mission-minded in daily life.

i want to be actively engaged in god's mission here on earth. this verse has been ringing in my mind for the past week...check it out:

john 10:14-16 "i am the good shepherd; i know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the father knows me and i know the father--and i lay down my life for the sheep. i have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. i must bring them also. they too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

after pondering this verse, i am reminded of a couple of others...

luke 19:10 "for the son of man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

ezekiel 34:11-16a "for thus says the lord god, 'behold, i myself will search for my sheep and seek them out. as a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for my sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day. i will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land. i will feed them in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of israel. there they will lie down on good grazing ground and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of israel. i will feed my flock and I will lead them to rest,' declares the lord god. 'i will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick.'"

wow. my god is pretty amazing. he really loves people--a lot.

thought for the day--jesus' mission field was his daily life. normal people, normal life. yeah, he did awesome miracles, but it was all in his native country.

question for the day--god wants to use us right where we are. are we willing? are we listening?

No comments: