Sunday, December 9, 2007

remembering.

this past week, i spent some time looking through old journal entries, trying to recall things the lord has taught me this past year. as 2007 is coming to a close (praise the lord for that!!), i am trying to get a recap of what all happened this year. there have been quite a few life lessons. check out the partial listing:

1. my eyes need to be fixed on jesus the author and perfector of my faith not on circumstances, myself, or others.
2. life is going to be hard, and i'm not always going to like it.
3. my hope needs to be in the lord. when i hope in him, i will not be disappointed.
4. god really does know best, and his plans really are good. i just need to trust him.
5. surrender is not this mysterious thing i am incapable of. surrender is simply acknowledging i don't know best, giving up, and deciding to follow the lord.
6. honesty and openness really are the best policy, especially when it comes to relational things.
7. god will provide!

so simple, yet so easy to stray from these truths and try to do things my way. for the record, it is not a good idea. do what jesus tells you to do even if it seems really hard, awkward, or not fun. in the end, it really is best. he knows what he's doing, and he knows you better than you know yourself. our god is good, faithful, and fully trustworthy. more jesus and less lisa. this is what i need in life. :-)

1 comment:

Classy Cassie said...

I love that you are learning. I can't wait for you to teach me a thing or two about life's little ventures. Maybe it can put me on a detour from tragic happenings in the future.

And the fact 07 is almost over, Praise the Lord for that! ;)