Sunday, August 5, 2007

whose understanding?

proverbs 3:5-6 "trust in the lord with all your heart. lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight."

thought for the day: why do i spend so much of my time trying to gain understanding if i'm not supposed to lean on that anyway? that makes absolutely no sense! what i need is revelation from the lord, not my own ideas.

my current life verse: 1 corinthians 2:1-5 "and when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of god. for i determined to know nothing among you except jesus christ, and him crucified. i was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of god."

there's a lot i don't know right now about pretty much every area of my life: work, people, living situations, life in general. however, the one thing i do know is jesus! he is steadfast and immovable. his word is true.

No comments: