Saturday, June 16, 2007

feelings...

it's so interesting to note how quickly emotions can change. one minute i can be on top of the world, and the next i can feel like i'm falling on my face. i'm so glad that the truth never changes, and that the lord is steadfast and unwavering. he's seriously so good. these up/down emo moments are the times when i appreciate the unchanging character of the lord even more. my emotions are just emotions; they don't dictate the truth. amen to that!! my identity is in christ, and it is not derived from my view of me or others' views of me. i feel like i'm taking a risk posting this because it could definitely make me sound like some emo roller coaster girl, but whatever, maybe someone can relate.

2 comments:

Kjaere said...

Oh I for sure can relate... welcome to the club :-)

This passage ministered to me a lot last night:

Psalm 94:17-19
"If the LORD had not been my help, My soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence.
If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Your lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up.
When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."

Juanyatsea said...

okkkkkkkkkk Lisa

~Juan~