Tuesday, June 19, 2007

new job...

today was my first day at my new job. one of my overall sentiments is that i feel like i need to be more "grown up" now that i have a "real" 40 hr/wk job. i had to go purchase some new additions to my wardrobe yesterday so i would have the proper attire for my new "business casual" dress code. fun times. shopping in the "career/wear to work" section made me feel all professional or something, and i felt kinda out of place. "professional lisa" is a new look that may take some getting used to--collared shirts, slacks, little sweater outfits...anyways, more important than my attire is the job itself, right? :-) i think it's gonna be good. one thing i'm confident in is that this is where the lord has me right now, and he is always completely faithful. so i'm stoked on that. i'm also confident in the fact that i'm going to need him a lot, especially these next few months when i'm formulating a game plan for the upcoming school year's mentor program. a lot of responsibility's in my hands, and i'm deciding to place it in the lord's hands. that way i know it won't all fall to pieces. gotta love how the lord is so reliable. i know i do. this new season is for sure going to be challenging and a time of growth. i'm going to need to be more assertive and confident than i usually am...that is definitely going to be one of the main challenges. i've been praying for boldness over the past year; here's my chance. i know i can be assertive when i need to be, but let's just say it's not in my immediate realm of comfort. but let's be honest...how often does jesus say, "hey lisa, let's keep you in your little comfort zone." um, maybe not so much. it's more like, "hey lisa, get out of your little bubble, speak up, and get out there." oh lord, help me walk in that; that my confidence would be in you and my identity hidden in you. and so the journey begins...

No comments: