Thursday, June 7, 2007

so over myself...

i am so incredibly glad that my life is not all about me. technically, my life is not even mine: i was bought at a price so i am to honor god with my body (1 cor 6:19-20). this life belongs to jesus, and i am here to do what he has prepared for me to do-nothing more and nothing less. that may not sound appealing to some who may fear that obeying jesus means giving up all fun and fulfillment; however, this is far from the case. in fact, god is the giver of every good and perfect gift...nothing good is found outside of him. also, he loves and knows me best so his plans are perfect for me. he created me just as i am (minus the sinful nature of course), and he wants to use me as me. he doesn't ask for me to become someone else in order to be useful in the building up of his kingdom. he has given me specific gifts and roles, and he expects me to walk those out. he's all about using me when i am being who he created me to be. i can't really do a good job of being anyone else anyway, can i? i love that god's love for me never changes and am so glad that he gives me a purpose beyond anything this world has to offer. my jesus is the best, and i want everyone to know him. :-) i truly believe that if anyone really sees god for who he is, they'll fall in love with him. he's just so good! unveil our eyes, lord!! allow us to see you as you truly are, and make us more like you!

No comments: