Wednesday, June 6, 2007

more than a cost-benefit analysis...

i've been thinking a lot latley about how to make godly decisions, as may be obvious by my previous post. i've come to the conclusion that decisions need to be more than a simple cost-benefit analysis. if all i'm doing is making a list of pros and cons, benefits and costs, that makes me the center of the equation and doesn't leave room for god or even much room for others. ultimately, the main factor in my decision making needs to be "what does god have for me?" don't get me wrong, i still do my little cost-benefit analysis thing. i make mental lists of pros and cons, but in the end, i gotta take those things to the lord and ask that his will be done. i love the promise that when we ask anything according to his will, he hears us, and we have that for which we have asked(1 John 5:14-15). your will be done, lord, in EVERY area of my life!!! simple prayers are the greatest. :-) i'm pretty excited to see what the next step is, but more excited that i don't have to do it alone. gotta love the lord and his faithfulness!

No comments: