Wednesday, June 13, 2007

let's talk about jesus!!

so i know that talking about my life is fun, but it's even more fun to talk about jesus!! so here we go...jesus is really good! so, so good!! words can't really explain how good, but i will attempt...my comfort zone limits god's work, but when i step out of it, god is so incredibly faithful to complete his work. lately, i feel like god has been wanting me to grow in boldness (kinda scary). i tend to be someone who is pretty quiet when i first meet people and someone who waits for people to approach me or for people to in some way invite me to talk to them. lame, i know, but that's how it is. lately, jesus has been like, "um, lisa, you can't just sit around waiting for people to come to you. you have the truth, and you need to take it to others." it's not a truth or my truth, but the truth. it is not relative! think about it this way--jesus wants each and every person to have an intimate love relationship with him. he created each one of us with the need to have that relationship with him in order for us to be fulfilled. without that relationship, we are always searching, whether we're aware of it or not. it's not like sharing jesus with others is me sharing "my beliefs" or just "my testimony;" it's me sharing with them what god has already created them to want and need. of course, there may be resistance to the truth because the enemy has blinded the minds of unbelievers (2 Cor. 4:4), but jesus is more than able to remove those scales. anyways, tonight i had the awesome experience of stepping out of my little comfort zone in obedience to the lord and seeing god do rad things in people's lives. god truly does answer prayer! i am seriously so stoked on jesus right now! why don't i listen to him more often? god wants to do above and beyond, and he wants to use me. how rad is that?! yay for jesus!!

1 comment:

Kjaere said...

AMEN... It's great to know that God has a plan for your life. He wants to use you and bless you so much. Keep persevering and pressing onto the fullnes He has for you.