Saturday, June 23, 2007

life lessons from jesus to lisa...

last night was pretty amazing. we had a women's bible study at church, and god was so faithful to meet us there. he always is, right? anyway, it was a good time for jesus to finally speak to me. i was all settled down, the work week was over, and now my attention was on him, where it should have been all along. you gotta love how patient and gracious the lord is. i do. anyways, the lord reminded me of some simple truths last night so i thought i'd share them with you. here they are:

1) often times, jesus didn't wait for people to come to him, but instead he would go to them. ex.-zaccheus, the woman at the well, etc. (another reminder to me about the whole being bold and stepping out in faith thing. definitely a life lesson for lisa right now. boldness in the lord.)

2) jesus is with me at all times, and he HAS been with me all along. there has never been a time where he hasn't been by my side. (this one was huge for me. unlike other people who walk in and out of my life, jesus has been there all along. he's known me since before time. he's not like everyone else who comes and goes, he's consistently there. how rad is that? god not only is with me in the present and will be with me in the future but he was with me in the past. i think it's easy for me to forget about that aspect of things. this reminder rocked my little world.)

3) god loves me (us) more than i (we) can ever understand, and his plans are way above and beyond all we could ask or imagine. god is completely good, and my life thus far has been good--not because it's always been easy, idyllic, or perfect in my eyes (it certainly hasn't), but because it has been in jesus' hands, and he is good. he doesn't protect me from all that is hard or painful, but he is with me all along the way, waiting for me to surrender those things to him so he can carry them. man, my jesus is so, so good. how can such an amazing god love us (me) so much? it's all part of the mystery...

hope these litte reminders bless you guys. they certainly rocked my little world.

No comments: