Monday, July 30, 2007

bigger than my world...

so let's take a step back and remember how big god is. he is way bigger than my little world. i'm all about life application and realizing that god is involved in my daily life, but i think that it's equally important to step back and realize that god is way bigger than my little world. he is the lord of the universe after all, the creator of heaven and earth. i feel that sometimes i can get too caught up in my little sphere of influence and the things going on in my life that i miss out on what god's doing outside of that. i am in god's world, he's not limited to mine. i love how the lord is so gracious and patient with me. self-centered me doesn't deserve that. but that's grace, right? undeserved favor. god. he's gracious beyond belief. even with selfish, self-centered me. please break that, lord. i don't like it, and i know you hate it. more of you, and less of me. empty me.

No comments: