Thursday, July 19, 2007

follow me...

"follow me." jesus said and says to me. "you don't need to have it all figured out or know where you're going. you just need to follow me."

prov. 3:5-6 "trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight." help me to follow, lord. i only wanna go where you're calling me and do what you ask of me. nothing more, nothing less. i wanna be fully obedient to you in all things. you know best, lord. through all this, i know you are causing me to fall more in love with you, and that is an awesome thing. you are so good, god. help me to trust you with ALL that i am. you are worthy. you died so i could have an intimate relationship with you. i don't want to settle for anything less than what you have for me in any area of life. i want your best, lord, because that is what you died for. you didn't die and rise again, paying the price to redeem my life so i would take second best. you want your best for me, and i want nothing less. i love you, jesus. direct my steps. i trust you.

fyi--falling in love with jesus is the most amazing thing that could happen to a person. there's nothing else i'd rather spend my life doing.

3 comments:

Kjaere said...

AMEN :-)

Kjaere said...

P.S. Read Psalm 27

It was good to chat... we shall have to do it again ;-)

lisa falcone said...

wow. love psalm 27. thanks, kjaere! that is definitely a good one for me right now. chatting was fun. we will have to hang again sometime. :-)