Thursday, July 12, 2007

flesh vs. spirit

galatians 5:17 "the sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the spirit wants. and the spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. these two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions."

this is the story of my life right now. flesh versus spirit, and my life is the battleground. not a huge fan of this war...it's like truth versus emotions or lack thereof. i am feeling so neutral or apathetic. if i'm not feeling blank, i tend to feel scattered or frustrated. it is definitely a time where i am to walk by faith and not by sight (or feeling).

i KNOW the lord is good and faithful. i KNOW i want him more than all else...even when i don't feel like it. my feelings will not rule my life. that position of ruling and reigning belongs to jesus. help me in that, lord. i can't do it on my own. i'm tired of posting blogs about frustrated feelings and other such not fun things. i am so ready for a new season, but apparently there is still more for me to gain from this time of lacking emotional affirmation for truths i know to be real. ahhh!!!! i just want to learn from this and move forward.

No comments: