Wednesday, July 4, 2007

identity...

so i know what i wanna be when i grow up or for the rest of my life for that matter. it's not a profession or a role. i wanna be someone who is totally and completely abandoned to jesus. i want him to have complete and utter control of every aspect of my life. i just wanna lay my entire life down at his feet and be fully led by him. life doesn't get any better than that. surrendering to jesus = freedom. anything else leaves you in shackles, and i don't wanna live my life in shackles. god made me the way i am for a reason, so why not go with it?

when people first meet me, they tend to think i'm super quiet; it's this aura i apparently give off. i guess people have to actually spend time with me if they want to know me. sometimes it frustrates me that it takes so much time to get to know me, but there's no real shortcut. there are some people who you can meet once and have a fairly good idea of who they are, but that wouldn't be me. so what am i trying to say? it takes time to actually know me, and once you do, you may be surprised at how quiet i'm not. ;-) so all this to say, i think i'm more ok with just being me and being surrendered to the lord in that than i have been before. i'm stoked on that because god must be doing something with the whole finding my identity in him thing, and that is how i want it to be.

how can this be applicable to more than just me? here's how: be who god made you to be and live your life surrendered to him in that. it won't always be easy, but it's way better than any other option you have. god really does know what he's doing, and he made you who you are for a reason. please be that person. it would benefit all of us. check out 1 peter 4:10-11. :-) you are you for a reason.

1 comment:

bala7 said...

it's weird to think that being who God made us is for the good of the body...our lives are so weaved together. the significance of our obedience is so much bigger than our individual existence.

you're so not quiet, you're like the loudest most obnoxious person i know. seriously.